We are working with a South East based Insurer to hire a lead Underwriter with strong technical knowledge on Commercial Non-Motor products.
The brief here is that the successful candidate is someone who can lead the technical underwriting with regard to pricing guidance as well as being the go-to person on the Commercial non-motor side of the business portfolio for Underwriting team .
Role responsibilities :
- Analyse underwriting performance in conjunction with the Executive team .
- Continual development of the Proposition Rating, Criteria, Underwriting Guides, wordings and documentation for respective products.
- Make underwriting decisions & assessments of non-standard risks and giving recommendations to the team within level of authority.
- Create a suite of MI to ensure KPIs are met.
- Develop, review and monitor the implementation of the Risk Selection and Pricing Procedures issued by the Company to its clients and insurance intermediaries.
- Acquire a detailed knowledge of competitor offerings through market analysis
- Manage and maintain underwriting licences
- Ensure the correct escalation process is in place for all underwriting referrals
- Develop and maintain system driven efficiencies to support portfolio administration.
- Ensure all underwriting controls are in place within the teams to ensure compliance with underwriting standards.
- 8-10 years experience at Senior Underwriter/ Portfolio Management
- Strong market knowledge and Broker relationships
- Keen ability to analyse data and provide relevant reports to management
- Excellent Commercial Underwriting technical knowledge and the ability to work with junior team members to train, coach and mentor them.
- Excellent communication skills
If you feel you have the relevant background and would like to have a chat about this role please get in touch . If you have an up to date CV great send it on but if not we can discuss how to tailor your CV for the role .