We are currently working on behalf of our client, a large international company to recruit a Senior Data Privacy Specialist
This is a newly created, exciting opportunity to join a large organisation in Dublin to develop Data Privacy with an EU-wide scope.
- You will be a Data Privacy Champion, driving the DP agenda for a group of companies
- Drive, promote and embed security and privacy principles and drive and promote a culture of DP compliance
- Motivated self-starter and comfortable dealing with and influencing high level internal / external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse emerging DP legislation, trends at national & EU level
- Understanding Privacy by Design
- Strong knowledge of Technology, including an appreciation/technical understanding of;
o IT Security
o IT Infrastructure
o Data mapping
o Data Analytics/Data Science
- Take ownership and advise on DP and privacy matters and regulatory risk
- Develop and deliver internal training & education programmes on all Privacy policies and procedures and promote a culture of awareness and compliance with Data Privacy
- Advise on changing policies, processes, standards and practices
- Maintain all DP registers
- Perform DP impact assessments (DPIAs)
- Subject Access Requests
- Data Protection/Privacy from regulatory perspective, including reporting
Experience / Qualification Required;
- Minimum of 8 years experience of above in a large consumer facing organisation
- Experience of advising large company on all Privacy related matters, including regulations & laws.
- Relevant Data Protection/Privacy qualification
- CIPP/e, CDPO.CIPM
- Background in IT Security a plus
- First class communication/influencing skills
Reward / Package
Excellent Salary & Benefits and career progression
At Red Tree we have been recruiting talent within Data Protection & Data Privacy for over 15 years.
In that time we have worked with Large Technology Organisations, Telecoms, Banking & Financial Services, Social Media Multi-Nationals, Advisory/Consultancy and Legal Firms. As such we have a large network of Data Protection & Privacy professionals.
We have a dedicated website for all Data related roles here: www.datajobs.ie [Data / Data Protection/ DPO / CDO /Data Privacy / GDPR opportunities]
We deal with all levels from Graduate to Data Privacy Analyst, Data Privacy Specialist, Data Protection Officer [DPO], Chief Data Officer [CDO] level.
The Qualifications in Data Protection / Data Privacy that are most desirable to our clients are
- Certified Data Protection Officer (CDPO),
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM),
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP)
- or equivalent qualification OR working towards their ECDPO, CIPM, CIPP/E (or equivalent)