In-House, Asset Management Lawyer at Executive Director Level (7 years’ + PQE)
On behalf of our client a global asset management business, Red Tree Recruitment is currently looking to recruit an Asset Management Lawyer for their Legal & Compliance Division in Dublin.
The role will be diversified and the successful candidate will be expected to provide legal support to different areas of the business as dictated by work flow and resource within the team from time to time.
The primary focus of the role will include providing advisory legal support in the following areas:
- The application of Irish law and regulation to the business, including impact of new regulations
- Advising on the structuring, establishment and ongoing management of funds, potentially including retail UCITS offerings, private AIFs and bespoke alternative fund of one strategies, and providing day to day support regarding maintenance of the businesses fund ranges, and legal and regulatory issues arising in respect of service providers (administrator, custodian, transfer agent) to the funds
- Provision of legal advice to the board of directors of the businesses entities established in Ireland and authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland
- Advising on distribution of funds and separately managed account services across the EU, including appointment of third-party intermediaries
Candidate Profile / Experience
Areas of expertise in a combination (but not necessarily all) of the following areas are desirable:
- Affinity with financial services regulation in Ireland (including understanding of current regulatory framework affecting trading and investments (e.g. MIFID2, EMIR))
- A working knowledge of funds in general and fund governance (and UCITS and AIFMD in particular)
- Knowledge and understanding of the marketing rules applying to funds and discretionary management services in general in EU, under MIFID, UCITS and AIFMD
- Commercial contracts with clients, distributors, intermediaries or other agents within the asset management sector
- At least 7 years PQE in a major law firm and/or in-house at a sell-side or buy-side financial institution
- Professional maturity, confidence, presence and initiative
- Good judgment and practical outlook in the application of law
- Strong organizational skills
- Aptitude for risk and control
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Extremely attractive package on offer to the successful candidate.
Justin Loughnane Solicitor – Associate Director, Head of Legal on + (353) 1 5541291 or email Justin@redtree.ie (All applications and discussions will be treated in strict confidence)