Assistant Project Manager
Excellent opportunity for Project Professional with experience in an Architectural/Consulting Engineering/Project Management or similar environment.
- Development of the project brief including project scope definition, programme development and budget development;
- Appointment of design teams and other support functions;
- Support to the Project Team during the preparation of planning permissions, statutory applications, the site acquisition process, the tracking of the discharge of planning conditions and other necessary consents;
- Engagement with stakeholders to coordinate all required inputs into the project documents;
- Administration and management of all project documents in conjunction with Document Control staff;
- Creation of project registers and trackers and the maintenance of such to ensure accurate records;
- Management and implementation of all review and certification processes during the construction stage;
- Other ancillary duties within the Project Management team as may be requested from time to time including support of tender evaluation panels and continuous improvement workgroups.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Third level qualification in either engineering, project management or a business related area.
- Minimum 2 years working within an Architectural/Consulting Engineering/Project Management or similar environment. Direct experience of contract administration, project management or cost management would be an advantage;
- Experience in the compilation of project documents;
- Familiar with the use of normal business software, including Microsoft Office;
- Some experience of working with or within a public works form of contract, especially Design-Build type contracts, would be an advantage;
- Demonstrable willingness to take on new responsibilities and the ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team within a well-defined project organisation structure;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in the making and delivery of reports on delegated activities.
- A keen interest in project management, contractual, commercial and financial aspects of construction projects;
- Good stakeholder management;
- Proven track record in the analysis and project management of business systems using industry standard methodologies and tools, e.g. Prince2, Microsoft Project etc;
- Commitment to CPD training;
- Full clean driving licence as occasional site travel will be required.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Martin Byrne, Head of Financial Recruitment on 015541294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org