Financial Reporting Accountant
This is an 18 Month FTC
The primary responsibility of the Financial Reporting Accountant will be to assist in the preparation and completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting. The Financial Reporting Accountant will work within the Financial Reporting Team and report to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting.
- End to end ownership of the cash process, including provision of weekly cash report to management.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Presentation of financial information for review by Senior Management.
- Understanding and accounting for material commercial transactions.
- Review and challenge of information provided by business units.
- Provision of assistance in the on-going development and refinement of processes and the implementation of financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual journals for posting to the general ledger
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations to support financial information in the general ledger.
- Assisting in ensuring on-going compliance with financial reporting and company law.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of internal and external audits and meeting audit requirements.
- On-going review and updating of processes and procedures.
- Development of new procedures and/or processes in line with evolution in business activity.
- Assisting in the production and review of annual financial statements.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, or similar). Candidates should be at least 1-2 years post qualified.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to adapt to the position quickly and demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong IT competency (MS Office including Excel, knowledge of Sage and Oracle a distinct advantage).
- Very good knowledge of IFRS.
- Have a proven track record in delivering results and objectives
- A background in financial reporting would be a distinct advantage.
- A comprehensive understanding of monthly management accounts preparation.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
Ability to work on own initiative, manage workload and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality output.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Martin Byrne, Head of Financial Recruitment in confidence on + (353) 1 554 1294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org