Fund Accountant – Private Equity
Excellent opportunity for a Fund Accountant with Private Equity experience to join a fast growing global financial services company.
- Responsible for the review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various hedge funds, including:
- Reconciling transactions related to the investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- Oversight of fund administrators and their assigned relationships.
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the audit process for assigned relationships.
- A strong understanding of the systems used and will be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of assigned relationships.
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis.
- Reviewing transfer agent processes including input of investor dealings, weekly, monthly deposits and withdrawals, roll ups at period end into Investor Services systems.
- Processing of Derivatives, such as Spot/Forwards Foreign Exchances (FX’s), Futures and Options.
- Analysis and Administration of potential write down of investments.
- Releasing of Net Asset Value (NAV’s) to public bodies such as Bloomberg and Irish Stock Exchange where required.
- Process payments of Investor, Investment Manager and third party fees.
- Assist with the training of new colleagues.
- Verification of trades against Investment Manager and Broker references.
- Verification of pricing of all portfolio investment instruments such as Equities, Futures, Swaps and Bonds.
- Processing daily cash transactions and activity.
- Cash and Asset reconciliations to Custodial Services, Broker’s and Investment Manager’s.
- Investigating any discrepancies which may occur and achieving resolutions.
- Ensure Client concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receive and respond to Audit queries.
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Extensive and proven fund accounting experience.
- Experience with general ledger accounting, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, analytical, technical, organisational, and problem solving skills.
- Private Equity fund accounting experience.
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- An ability to think critically and objectively.
- Experience working with an investment management or finance-related firm preferred.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Martin Byrne, Head of Financial Recruitment, on +01 5541294 or email email@example.com