Fund Accounting Manager
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Fund Accountant to join a growing Fund Services organisation in a key role.
- You will be responsible for the review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various funds, including:
– Reconciling transactions related to the investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
– Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
– Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of fund administrators and their assigned relationships.
-Responsible for the preparation and completion of the audit process for assigned relationships.
-Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
-Reviewing transfer agent processes including input of investor dealings, weekly, monthly deposits and withdrawals, roll ups at period end into Investor Services systems (Mantra & Investran)
-Processing of Derivatives, such as Spot/Forwards FX’s, Futures and Options
-Analysis and Administration of potential write down of investments
-Releasing of Net Asset Values (NAV’s) to public bodies such as Bloomberg and Irish Stock Exchange where required
-Process payments of Investor, Investment Manager and third party fees
-Assist with the training of new colleagues
-Ensure accurate delegation of work across your team
-Verification of trades against Investment Manager and Broker references
-Verification of pricing of all portfolio investment instruments such as Equities, Futures, Swaps and Bonds
-Processing daily cash transactions and activity
-Cash and Asset reconciliations to Custodial Services, Broker’s and Investment Manager’s
-Investigating any discrepancies which may occur and achieving resolutions
-Ensure Client concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
-Receive and respond to Audit queries
-Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
Candidate Profile / Experience
-Extensive fund accounting experience
-Experience with general ledger accounting
-Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
-Strong computers skills including Excel, Word, and Lotus Notes
-Familiarity with the Advent Geneva accounting system is a major plus
-A general knowledge of the investment industry and/or fund accounting experience preferred.
-Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
-Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
-An ability to think critically and objectively
-The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
-University degree preferred- accounting, finance, business or economics (or overseas equivalent)
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Martin Byrne, Head of Financial Recruitment in confidence on + (353) 1 554 1294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org