Head of Lending Operations
We present a unique opportunity to join a start up lending operation in a senior role, as Head of Lending Operations. Please note this is a fixed term contract.
- Participate in regular reviews of Company operations and other Company business areas.
- Make a strong contribution to the Company senior management team in relation to strategy and day to day operations
- Set-up and manage the Company operations team to ensure high operational standards are delivered in a seamless and professional manner.
- Agree, monitor and oversee the performance of the service providers.
- Manage data governance/controls in respect of Company’s loans and collateral.
- Provide operational support in relation to development lending.
- Ensure availability of funds for approved borrower drawdowns and the day to day management of cash flow.
- Oversee Management Information reporting and monthly CCR reporting process.
- Co-ordinate and provide all financial information to facilitate the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Preparation of the Company Annual Report.
- Resolve any queries raised by Company business areas or service providers in relation to loans or collateral.
- Identify methods to improve the quality of data and processes in order to meet business needs.
- Act as the Business Continuity Planning co-ordinator and representative.
- Design and develop appropriate processes and procedures necessary for Company to achieve its stated objectives.
- On a continual basis, identify ways of improving operational efficiencies and practices to maintain high standards in the delivery of the funded schemes.
- Ensure cooperation with Company Auditors to include Internal Audit and address in a timely manner issues raised in reports from internal reviews/auditors.
- Act as a primary point of contact for Company’s interactions with the Central Bank, service providers and the Company lending team.
- Liaise with Finance in relation to all financial matters.
- Liaise with Procurement as required for Company operational service requirements.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with other divisions and external service providers.
- Act as primary point of contact with IT in relation to all IT services provided to Company.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Have at least 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven ability to establish and manage an operations function.
- Have a proven track record of managing a high performing operations team preferably within a financial institution.
- A proven track record of achievement and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Have excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship management skills to manage and maintain key relationships to ensure success of the entity.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop others. Ability to delegate and follow-up work activities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Effectively contribute to the achievement of goals and targets set for self, others and organisation. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- A Professional Qualification in banking, accountancy, project management or business would be an advantage.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Martin Byrne, Head of Financial Recruitment, on 015541294 or email email@example.com for more information.