Head of Lending | Dublin
Unique opportunity to lead a start up residential development funding operation in Ireland as Head of Lending. Please note this is a fixed term contract.
- Establishment and development of the lending team and all lending management related activities.
- Participate in regular reviews of borrower relationships and funded developments with the Company Project Lead and other Company business areas.
- Make a strong contribution to the Company senior management team in relation to strategy and day to day operations
- Identify market opportunities for the development of new business in accordance with Company’s objectives.
- Achieve lending targets within agreed timeframe and commercial terms.
- Recruit, train, manage and guide the lending team to establish and ensure the highest standards in customer relationships, service standards and the achievement of targets.
- Contribute to the budget setting process.
- Support the lending team in structuring, assessing and submitting high standard credit proposals to the relevant delegated authority.
- Ensure the efficient and consistent sourcing, development and management of all borrower relationships by the lending team from credit application through the approval and drawdown process to full loan repayment.
- Monitor and review the progress of developments to ensure delivery of key milestones for developments.
- Ensure all key decisions and regular case reviews are documented and approved at the appropriate DA level and filed.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates to Senior Management on the progress of the Company funded schemes.
- Represent Company as required at public and promotional campaigns.
- Be responsible for the delivery of accurate and robust Management Information.
- Implement performance management at team level to include identifying and addressing training needs, mentoring of team members and identifying performance gaps.
- Contribute to the design and development of appropriate processes and procedures necessary for Company to achieve its stated objectives and business targets.
- On a continual basis, identify ways of improving operational efficiencies and practices to maintain high standards in the delivery of the funded schemes.
- Ensure required cooperation with internal and external auditors and address in a timely manner all issues raised in reports from internal reviews/auditors, and promote the maintenance and ongoing improvement of standards of management and documentation.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Degree preferably in economics/finance or other relevant discipline, and/or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience at a senior management level in the residential development funding sector of a financial institution with a proven prudential track record in residential lending, preparing funding proposals, building and maintaining strong working relationships with customers and achieving lending targets.
- Excellent knowledge of residential development lending product offerings and markets.
- Strong knowledge of lending agreements, covenants and security requirements.
- Good understanding of relevant financing models and data with an ability to review, understand and interpret audited financial accounts and financial forecasts.
- Demonstrated sound commercial judgement and market awareness.
- Strong understanding of the Irish planning and development system.
- Ability to manage all aspects of the proposed lending model as role requires a full understanding of the likely borrowers, criteria for lending and credit terms.
- Strong relationship management skills to manage and maintain key relationships Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop others. Ability to delegate and follow-up work activities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong Persuasion and influencing skills, to effect change at subordinate, peer and senior management level.
- Ability to identify key risk issues in negotiation of borrowing facilities and to deliver alternative solutions if required.
- Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action. Effectively contribute to the achievement of goals and targets set for self, others and organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Martin Byrne, Head of Financial Recruitment on 015541294 or email email@example.com