Health Insurance Broker Consultant
We are working with our client, a large corporate broker, to recruit a Health and Benefits Broker Consultant who will work with their clients on the provision of all aspects of the clients Group Risk & Employees benefits.
- Working closely with the other consultants and administrators within the team.
- Proactively update own knowledge of changes in legislation through talking to other associates and reading appropriate news briefs/publications. Apply this knowledge to day-to-day work.
- Manage group risk and healthcare benefit providers for own client base using negotiation and influencing skills as appropriate.
- Liaise with pension administrators & retirement consultants where required when dealing with risk benefits under the pension scheme trust instrument.
- Servicing and retaining existing clients with a high level of service and credibility.
- Plan and organise renewals, utilising technology including CRM and workflow systems.
- Design and redesign benefits.
- Liaise with providers and insurers for information.
- Assist with re-broking exercises, analysis and verification of providers’ contract terms.
- Deal with queries from clients and employees.
- Maintain quality control procedures through Professional Excellence.
- Undertake governance audits to mitigate risks.
- Look to broaden lines of business through use of appropriate resources and intellectual capital.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Comprehensive & up-to-date technical knowledge & practical experience in the areas of Employee Benefits.
- Qualifications: QFA is required. Additional qualifications such as “APA (Personal General Insurance)” or “APA (Private Medical Insurance)” or equivalent are desirable but not a requirement.
- Excellent grounding in group risk policies and providers. Experience in private medical insurance broking and consulting is also desirable but not a requirement.
- Well organised and detail oriented (e.g. able to both plan and communicate efficiently).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and within cross-disciplinary teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Able to learn quickly, use own initiative and organise own workload effectively.
- Able to work quickly, but accurately in a professional environment.
- Sense of accountability; owning one’s work and taking pride in it.
- An understanding and appreciation of broader employee health issues would be an advantage and a key to future progression.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Excellent salary on offer to the successful candidate.
For a full job spec and confidential discussion contact Noreen O’Keeffe (ACII Head of Insurance) on 016853480/0866096684 or email Noreen@redtree.ie. (All applications and discussions will be treated in strict confidence)
Run by qualified Insurance professionals, our Insurance division recruits at all levels and disciplines within General Insurance, Life and Pensions, Brokers, Reinsurance and Captives.