Junior Commercial Underwriter
On behalf of our client, Red Tree is recruiting a Junior Commercial Underwriter for an office based in North Dublin. The purpose of the role is to deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team who are responsible for underwriting new and existing business.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority and in line with company strategy
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual work to deliver agreed objectives and deliver exceptional customer service
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business
- Improve quality of underwriting and risk selection in support of delivery of financial objectives
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, III, CPD)
Candidate Profile / Experience
- CIP (or commitment to achieve within specified time period)
- At least 2 years’ experience in underwriting commercial property and liability across both new and existing business
- Strong knowledge of insurance market and industry
- Strong verbal communication skills with proven ability to trade / negotiate
- Delivering ambitious performance
- Driving business improvement
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
There is an excellent salary on offer.
For a full job spec and confidential discussion contact Noreen O’Keeffe (ACII Head of Insurance) on 016853480/0866096684 or email Noreen@redtree.ie. (All applications and discussions will be treated in strict confidence)
RED TREE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISES IN THE RECRUITMENT OF THE FOLLOWING PROFESSIONS: Legal & Company Secretary | Compliance & Risk | Data & Tech | Data Protection & Cyber Security | Insurance