Legal Executive, International Law Firm, Bermuda (2 years’ + experience)
On behalf of our client an international law firm, Red Tree Recruitment is currently looking to recruit a Litigation Legal Executive.
The successful candidate will join a Litigation practice who advise on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters. They also assist in resolving disputes through arbitration or alternative dispute resolution procedures.
You should be able to demonstrate attention to detail, enthusiasm and self-motivation. In addition, you will be a team player and be able to use your initiative.
- Maintain time sheets for your work for billing purposes
- Working with litigation department, private client department and immigration department as required
- Legal research
- Draft and amending simple legal documents, notarial certificates and correspondence and preparing for presentation in court at attorney(s) request and in line with agreed chargeable rate
- Preparation and filing of court applications including binder preparation, copying and collation of authorities
- Primary contact for team-specific legal and business services queries as the embedded team support
- Ensure that all new client matters are accurately set up in the client accounting and database system, including research to satisfy due diligence requirements
- Maintain and amend client records and contact names
- Ensure files are kept up to date (including filing of emails and correspondence) when active and that files are closed/archived once the matter is concluded
- Investigating and fact finding for cases including; identifying relevant legal articles, laws and judicial decisions
- Analyzing and organizing information to produce reports
- Assisting the team with team-specific financials/matter management e.g. budgets, WIP, aged debt reporting
- Assisting in discovery to include setting up and maintaining discovery systems including Electronic document management (structuring folders and sub-folders for matter-centric working in the DMS, establishing electronic filing standards in accordance with our firm’s best practice)
- Preparing written reports and correspondence
- Departmental tasks such as assisting with projects including but not limited to storage, archiving of files, migration of files
- Such other duties as the firm may reasonably require from time to time
Candidate Profile / Experience
- A minimum of two years proven experience working as a paralegal and/or Legal studies completed (LLB/GCL/LPC)
- Previous experience of (or an understanding of) time entry principles to fully manage own targeted chargeable hours
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Word/Outlook and a working knowledge of Excel
- Administrative and document management experience
- Familiarity with legal databases and organisation and search techniques
- Experience in working in a fast paced professional services environment
- Prior experience in litigation preferred
- Working knowledge of legal terminology and principles
- Excellent research capabilities
- Superior organisation, administration and communication skills to undertake work at a high-level and of a confidential nature
- Ability to efficiently manage own time and prioritise workflow
- Supportive of and able to demonstrate agile and flexible working
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a professional manner
- High levels of initiative
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
There is an excellent tax-free base salary on offer up to $80k together with a comprehensive benefits package including bonus, healthcare & pension. In addition, the firm also have an excellent re-location package including flights out & back & 1 months’ accommodation which is paid by the firm.
For an initial conversation, along with a detailed brief of the above position please contact Justin Loughnane (Solicitor) on + (353) 1 5541291 or email Justin@redtree.ie
RED TREE RECRUITMENT IS AN ESTABLISHED BOUTIQUE CONSULTANCY WITH OVER 23 YEARS’ COMBINED LEGAL RECRUITMENT EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH THE LEADING LAW FIRMS IN DUBLIN, CORK & LIMERICK INCLUDING THE TOP 6, TOP 10, INTERNATIONAL AND BOUTIQUE FIRMS.