Paralegal or Legal Assistant, In-House (Financial Institution), 12 month Contract
On behalf of our client a large well established Financial Institution, Red Tree Recruitment is currently looking to recruit a Paralegal or Legal Assistant.
The role is for a Paralegal or Legal Assistant to join the Legal Projects and Services Team within the Financial Institutions Legal Department.
The Legal Department, through its specialist deeds team, manage and co-ordinate the movement of all security documentation and title deeds.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will:
- Join a team with responsibility for managing the ongoing project whereby all title and security documents are located, scheduled and recorded.
- Provide day to day business support to Solicitors in the Legal Department in respect of the movement and proper recording of security and title documents.
- Provide general legal support to the Legal Department as required in furtherance of its objectives, including on project work.
- Interact with all internal and external stakeholders as required, in respect of the above.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Prior experience in the legal or financial services industry.
- Specific experience in a legal securities/deeds management unit or role.
- Familiarity with record collection and analysis.
- Ability to quickly understand key business and project issues and operational objectives.
- Proficient in core Microsoft Office products, particularly an ability to work with Excel.
- Ability to check source documents for accuracy; verify and correct data where necessary and identify where further information is required to meet the project objectives.
- Combine, rearrange and store data in designated electronic locations – development and maintenance of record keeping systems will be integral to this role.
- Ability to liaise with solicitors both internally in the Legal Department and external law firms to resolve issues around deeds that may arise. The successful candidate will be a key point of contact for external law firms.
- Ability to produce, format, maintain, amend and present large documents and reports.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, deal with conflicting agendas and meet deadlines.
- Be highly organised and self-motivated.
- Able to work on their own initiative but also as part of a team.
- Ability to work quickly and with accuracy.
- Flexible and willing to assist on a variety of projects as required.
- Solutions focused and creative
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a similar role, which would include experience in a deeds or collateral management, would be a clear advantage.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Justin Loughnane Solicitor – Associate Director, Head of Legal on + (353) 1 5541291 or email (All applications and discussions will be treated in strict confidence)