Senior Commercial Underwriter | Insurance
Our client a well-established and growing company has an opportunity for a Senior Commercial Underwriter in their Dublin offices.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own company strategy.
- Plan, prioritise & manage individual work to deliver agreed objectives.
- Act on individual audit results & agreed action to improve performance.
- Identify opportunities to improve current work methods, practices & processes
- Improve the quality of underwriting and risk selection to achieve financial objectives.
- Conduct audits, provide feedback, coaching and training as required & appropriate.
- Deputise for / provide support for team manager support as and when required.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Strong academic background including Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- CIP qualified working towards MDI.
- Strong market & industry knowledge and experience.
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Appropriate IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal communication skills and excellent intermediary relationships.
- Proven track record in applying critical thinking as part of the underwriting process.
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Noreen O'Keeffe Director , Head of Insurance Recruitment on 01 6853480/0866096684 click on link or email email@example.com
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.