Senior Compliance Officer
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting a Senior Compliance Officer with previous experience at management or senior management level.
- Support the business in the achievement of its strategic and business goals by driving a strong compliance culture and robust compliance framework whilst providing support and advice to the business;
- Act as an adviser in compliance matters to the business and support the Executive Management Team and members board to enable them to control their compliance risks and protect the Agency’s reputation;
- Identify and evaluate the compliance risks facing the business and support the Head of Compliance in delivering an appropriate compliance assurance programme;
- Keep abreast of upstream regulatory developments and support the business in ensuring timely implementation of new regulations and relevant codes of practice;
- Promote staff awareness of compliance and ethical issues, including design and delivery of appropriate compliance training in relation to relevant regulations, codes of practice and the compliance related codes and policies;
- Maintain a positive relationship with all stakeholders and relevant oversight bodies.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Relevant Degree and/or Masters/Professional qualification required.
- Strong track record in compliance ideally within a financial/professional services organisation.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at manager or senior manager level.
- Good understanding of the Irish regulatory environment and expertise in the areas of data protection and AML/CTF.
- Strong track record of partnering with senior executives.
- Business acumen and financial expertise essential.
- Ability to maintain a strong compliance culture across the organisation.
- Ability to draft and distil compliance framework and policy documents.
- Ability to command credibility and build trust at all levels both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication, influencing, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong numeracy skills and an ability to distil complex financial information.
- Sound understanding of best practice within compliance.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Excellent package on offer to the successful candidate
Martin Byrne, Head of Financial Recruitment on 01 5541294 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion