Senior Lending Manager | Dublin
Opportunity for Senior Lending Manager to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers requiring funding for residential development projects.
- Carry out detailed assessment of residential development projects, assist borrowers to structure loan proposals, prepare clear and concise loan reports and make recommendations to the appropriate sanctioning authority.
- Support other team members and provide advice and guidance on funding applications.
- Participate in regular reviews of borrower relationships and funded developments with the Head of Lending, the Management Team and other business areas.
- Achieve lending targets within agreed timeframe and commercial terms.
- Monitor and review the progress of developments to ensure delivery of key milestones for developments.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates to the Head of Lending, the Management Team and other stakeholders on the progress of funded schemes.
- Ensure the highest standards of compliance with policies and procedures are achieved.
- Ensure all documentation relating to the provision of facilities is completed and recorded on the appropriate IT system and available for audit purposes.
- Ensure required cooperation with internal and external auditors.
- Ensure strong working relationships between the lending team, the Credit & Risk team, the primary service provider and other external advisors such as the monitoring surveyors, property advisors, etc.
Candidate Profile / Experience
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a similar role in a financial institution with a proven prudential track record in residential lending, preparing funding proposals, building and maintaining strong working relationships with customers and achieving lending targets.
- Excellent knowledge of residential development lending product offerings and markets.
- Excellent knowledge of lending agreements, covenants and security requirements.
- Excellent understanding of relevant financing models and data with an ability to review, understand and interpret audited financial accounts and financial forecasts.
- Demonstrated sound commercial judgement and awareness of the residential market in Ireland.
- Proven record in managing credit quality and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Have a proven track record in delivering results and objectives.
- Strong customer focus and a proven commitment to customer excellence
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise and manage work load.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to identify key risk issues in negotiation of borrowing facilities and to deliver alternative solutions if required.
- Strong understanding of deal structuring.
- An ability to work on own initiative and interact as a part of a highly motivated team.
- Effectively contribute to the achievement of goals and targets set for self, others and organisation.
- Well-developed leadership and networking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Exemplary governance and ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Degree preferably in economics/finance or other relevant discipline, and/or equivalent professional qualification.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.
Reward / Package
Martin Byrne, Head of Financial Recruitment on +01 5541294 or email email@example.com for a confidential conversation.